Unlock doors laser technician certificate
Have you been thinking about advancing your career by adding new and innovative skill sets to your portfolio which could ultimately open doors of opportunities for you? Chellsey Institute is proud to offer a broad course that is designed specifically for Aestheticians and Skin Care Therapists to upgrade their skills and be trained to work in a laser clinic or medical spa setting. The Laser Technician certificate will give you the key to unlock those doors of opportunities!
The Medical Spa industry is constantly growing and is expected to double in revenue over the next couple of years. This exponential progression and high demand for professionally trained technicians is your calling to equip yourself with the best training and skill sets. You will be in the hands of instructors who have years of experience working in the field. You will learn how to safely and accurately use modern laser technologies to treat various skin conditions (i.e. broken capillaries, acne, hyper and hypo pigmentation, skin tag removal, photo facial, skin rejuvenation treatments, and hair laser removal.)
This course can be completed over a period of four days (Sundays and Mondays) for a total of 40 hours (an additional practical day will be held on a Saturday). Upon successful completion, individuals will be accredited with a certificate. Potential students must hold the title of one of the following in order to be eligible for enrollment: a medical doctor, nurse, skin care specialist/therapist, or an aesthetician.
There are two components to the course: Laser Theory and Laser Practical
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) vs. Laser-Description of each, differences and uses.
- Theory of laser hair removal, reduction of vascular lesions, pigmentation removal, skin rejuvenation, skin tag removal, and laser acne treatments.
- Theory of laser physics, laser-tissue interaction, skin types that will benefit.
- Laser safety, contraindications, regulatory requirements, controlled areas, signage, protocols of safety reporting, proper eyewear and treatment precautions.
- Types of medical and hair removal lasers and proper use of them.
- Hair biology, hair types and growth stages.
- Hair analysis and identifying skin types to determine suitability, benefits and limitations for each skin type.
- Laser treatment parameters (wavelength, chromophore, pulse duration, repetition rate, spot size, energy settings used and their effect on photo thermolysis.
- Client consultation, medical history, contraindications and exclusion criteria, consents and waivers.
- Spot tests to establish correct treatment parameters.
- Laser treatment protocols, skin cooling.
- Post care treatment and evaluation, documentation.
- Management of adverse events.
- Use, care and maintenance of laser machines and equipment.
- Hand pieces and their uses.
- Hair analysis and skin typing to determine appropriate treatment and laser settings.
- Set-up and treatment protocols for laser hair removal, reduction of vascular lesions, pigmentation reduction and/or removal, laser skin rejuvenation, laser skin tag removal, and acne laser treatments
- Post treatment care and follow up.
- Hands-on student practice operating the IPL and ND-YAG 1064 laser machines.
Enrol today and be qualified for employment in dermatology clinics, skin care clinics, day spas, wellness centres and more!