Our Sclerotherapy Training course offers a comprehensive education of this beneficial treatment to physicians and nurses. Through this course, you will discover the entire sclerotherapy procedure, which includes viable injection techniques, standard of care, and proper patient evaluations. Sclerotherapy has been proven to be advantageous to medical practices, not just financially for the practice, itself, but by delivering an exemplary success rate among patients. Our Sclerotherapy Training will provide you with the necessary resources to make the integration process possible.
After completing the program you will then be able to thoroughly evaluate the potential patient with aesthetic and/or medical requests in addition to:
- Become proficient in the latest sclerotherapy techniques both by injection and the various laser light solutions available.
- Gain a full understanding and receive the technical skills needed to perform the various sclerotherapy procedures taught through our training.
- Learn to identify the medical patient suffering from venous incompetence including reflux, muscle wasting, and other forms of medical venous disorders.
- Understand when to perform specific diagnostic studies and the importance of ultrasound and other non-invasive studies as it relates to patients indicated with venous insufficiency.
- Learn the importance of post treatment compression for the destruction of reticular veins and in limiting post procedure complications.
- Learn to implement specific strategies for marketing and practice growth.
Duration of the course: One day (8 hours)
Course prerequisite: Medical Doctor degree or Nurses degree
Nurses can claim up to $1500 from RNAO. To get more information please click on the link below:
Sclerotherapy - Saturday Outline:
- Introduction to Cosmetic Sclerotherapy.
- History/Mechanism of Action of Sclerotherapy.
- Benefits/Risks/Complications of Sclerotherapy.
- Venous Anatomy & Pathophysiology, Patient Selection and Evaluation.
- Examination of Lower Extremities, Patient Assessment for medical and/or aesthetic considerations.
- Identification of symptomatic and asymptomatic veins for therapy.
- Review of Sclerosing Agents Sclerotherapy Injection Techniques (Telangiectasias and Reticular Veins), Post Procedure Protocols, Complications.
- The role of laser light energies in the treatment of facial and leg veins.
- Introduction to ultrasound and large vein treatment, Case Studies, Diagnostic Considerations. Introduction to Aesthetic Lasers in the treatment of facial and leg veins.Hands on on real clients and use a real materials facial and leg veins (if applicable/availability)
This course is non -vocational and does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005