LASER TECHNOLOGIES CERTIFICATE
Course introduction and objective
This comprehensive course is designed for Aestheticians and Skin Care Therapists who wish to add to their current skill sets and advance to work in a laser clinic or medical spa setting.
The Medical Spa industry has experienced exponential growth and so has the demand for highly knowledgeable and trained Technicians. Students learn how to safely and effectively use modern Laser technologies to treat various skin conditions such as broken capillaries, acne, hyper and hypo pigmentation, skin tag removal, photo facial, skin rejuvenation treatments as well laser hair removal.
Duration of the course: One day (8 hours)
Course prerequisite: Medical Doctor, Nurse, SkinCare Therapist, Aesthetician
COURSE DETAILS: 40 HOURS
- Theory taught includes laser for hair removal, reduction of vascular lesions, pigmentation removal, skin rejuvenation, skin tag removal and laser acne treatments.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) vs. Laser-Description of each, differences and uses.
- Theory of laser physics, laser-tissue interaction, skin types that will benefit.
- Laser safety, contraindications, regulatory requirements, controlled areas, signage, protocols of safety reporting, proper eyewear and treatment precautions.
- Types of medical and hair removal lasers and proper use of them.
- Hair biology, hair types and growth stages.
- Hair analysis and identifying skin types to determine suitability, benefits and limitations for each skin type.
- Laser treatment parameters (wavelength, chromophore, pulse duration, repetition rate, spot size, energy settings used and their effect on photo thermolysis.
- Client consultation, medical history, contraindications and exclusion criteria, consents and waivers.
- Spot tests to establish correct treatment parameters.
- Laser treatment protocols, skin cooling.
- Post care treatment and evaluation, documentation.
- Management of adverse events.
- Use, care and maintenance of laser machines and equipment.
- Hand pieces and their uses.
- Hair analysis and skin typing to determine appropriate treatment and laser settings.
- Set-up and treatment protocols for laser hair removal, reduction of vascular lesions, pigmentation reduction and/or removal, laser skin rejuvenation, laser skin tag removal, and acne laser treatments
- Post treatment care and follow up.
- Hands-on student practice operating the IPL and ND-YAG 1064 laser machines.
Course is delivered over 4 DAYS on Sundays & Mondays
Additional Practical Day on a Saturday.