ADVANCED AESTHETICS DIPLOMA
Course introduction and objective
Chellsey Institute of Beauty and Health Inc. offers a comprehensive Advanced Aesthetics Diploma program that is designed to meet the increased standards and market demands for total body and facial treatments. This program prepares the student to enter into the spa with an abundance of skill sets to perform treatments and successfully grow as a professional. Students in this program will be well versed in traditional aesthetic treatments such as skin care, hair removal, nail technologies, body therapies and makeup applications. In addition to the traditional aesthetic treatments students will acquire skills in advanced paramedical treatments such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels.
|Basic Skin Care
|Paramedical Skin Care
|Body Massage & Spa Therapy
|Make Up Applications
|Introduction to Esthetics
|Small Business Management
|Spa Internship (Clinical Practice)
|TOTAL PROGRAM HOURS
Basic Skin Care: this module examines the fundamental principles of skin care treatments
- Anatomy & Physiology of the skin.
- Skin types, conditions and pathology.
- Basic chemistry and cosmetic ingredients.
- Client consultation, preparation, draping and skin analysis.
- Facials with and without the aid of machinery.
- Cleansing, toning, exfoliation, masks & massage.
- Facials for different skin types; basic, advanced acne, men, teen and mini facials.
- Nutrition and stress management.
Paramedical Skin Care: this module further examines skin and advanced skin care treatments.
- Aging skin concerns and problematic skin treatments through the use of advanced skin typing and analysis.
- Lactic, salicylic and glycolic peels and acne treatments.
- Aromatherapy facial, oxygenating & detoxifying treatments.
- Non-surgical face lifting- antiwrinkle intensive treatments for mature skin.
- Microdermabrasion, pigmentation treatments and ultrasound treatments.
- Eye, neck, acne and rosacea treatments.
Manicure: this module teaches students the anatomy and physiology of the hand and professional polish application.
- Diseases and disorders of the nail, sanitation and disinfection
- Techniques to perform a traditional manicure and advanced nail care treatments. Such as exfoliation, paraffin and massage.
Pedicure: this module teaches students the anatomy and physiology of the foot and professional polish application
- Techniques to perform a traditional pedicure and advanced nail care treatments. Such as exfoliation, paraffin and massage.
Waxing: This module examines temporary hair removal techniques
- Theory of hair structure, hair growth cycle, sanitization and disinfection, contraindications.
- Practical applications of hair removal techniques including waxing, sugaring and threading.
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting.
Massage & Body Therapies: This module examines the fundamental principles of human anatomy, physiology, Swedish massage techniques and body therapies.
- Body systems, relaxation massage techniques and incorporation of essential oils.
- Body scrubs, body wrap treatments, and hot stone massage.
- Indications and contraindications to all body treatment therapies and the importance of home care.
- Body treatments with and without machines.
Makeup: This module equips students with the knowledge and techniques to complete a professional make up application.
- Learn the theory of color, combinations, face shapes, eye shapes as well as tips and tricks of the trade.
- Day, evening, bridal, exotic and glamour looks.
- Artificial lashes.
Introduction to Esthetics: This module equips students with knowledge regarding the industry.
- Introduction and evolution of spas and the esthetics industry.
- Ethics, professional image and legal regulations.
- Life skills: communication, conflict resolution, team work, problem solving, time management.
Small Business Management: This module prepares students to successfully understand the business aspect of the spa industry.
- Salon and Spa Business: starting your own business.
- Esthetician Rights and Responsibilities as an Employee.
- Job Search and Career Management.
Spa Internship: During this module, students will continue to practice the skills learned in practical classes.
- Supervised internship in the medical spa facility at the college
- Students must complete all required services and treatments in traditional and advanced spa treatments.
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or mature student status (18 years old) with a passing score on the Superintendent approved entrance test or Foreign Credentials evaluated for equivalency by WES or ICAS.
- Personal Interview at Chellsey Institute